To market products in the European Union, they must meet the technical and safety criteria established in various European regulations and directives. In the European Union, manufacturers or their representatives are responsible for their products meeting the applicable requirements and should indicate their product's conformity using the CE mark.
Many products fall within the scope of one or more European directives, and at times it can be difficult for the manufacturer or importer to identify the appropriate directives, testing and steps to take before CE marking their product.
NOTIFED BODY SERVICES
Applus+ is a Notified Body for 12 European directives:
- Construction products – Regulation 305/2011 (NB no. 0370)
- Radio equipment – Directive 2014/53/EU (NB no. 0370)
- Electromagnetic compatibility – Directive 2014/30/EU (NB no. 0370)
- Machinery – Directive 2006/42/EC (NB no. 0370)
- Gas appliances – Directive 2009/142/EC (NB no. 0370)
- Hot-water boiler efficiency – Directive 92/42/EEC (NB no. 0370)
- Non-automatic weighing instruments – Directive 2014/31/EU (NB no. 0370)
- Measuring instruments – Directive 2014/32/EU (NB no. 0370)
- Personal protective equipment – Directive 89/686/EEC (NB no. 0164)
- Simple pressure vessels – Directive 2014/29/EU (NB no. 0059)
- Lifts – Directive 2014/33/EU (NB no. 0059)
- Pressure equipment – Directive 2014/68/EU (NB no. 0059)
CE MARKING SERVICES
We offer a testing and conformity assessment service to help our clients achieve CE marking for their products within a limited timeframe and with Applus+ as a single point of contact.
Depending on the client’s requirements, we can support one or more specific phases or manage the whole CE marking process. Our services include:
- Identification of the applicable directives
- Identification of the applicable regulations and harmonised standards
- Testing to verify product compliance with technical requirements
- Information about Factory Production Control (FPC) requirements
- Factory Production Control (FPC) audit
- Issuing of CE certificate of conformity
We adapt our services to suit client needs and have a presence in all of the world’s key production hubs.