To access the European Union market, electrical equipment must comply with the safety levels stipulated in Low Voltatge Directive 2014/35/EU.
The manufacturer or importer is responsible for evaluating the safety of their products ans ensure compliance with the LVD Directive along the product life-cycle.
Applus+ is an ISO/IEC 17025 accredited testing laboratory to conduct the safety tests
included in the Low Voltage Directive (LVD) 2014/35/EU, a requirement for the CE Marking of electrical and electronic products. We carry out the relevant evaluations for each product, including:
- Accessibility to live parts
- Power and heating
- Insulation verification
- Abnormal operation
- Fire testing on materials
- Grounding system
The test reports issued by Applus+ have international recognition and are the basis for the CE marking and subsequent marketing of your product.
To do so, we have 2000 m2 of our own fully equipped and accredited electrical laboratories.
- Applus+, one stop shop to perform all the necessary tests for your product's CE marking
- Guarantee your product's electrical safety through a Notified Body as a market differentiation factor
- Speed up your product's time to market in the European Union