This recognition allows European manufacturers and exporters to certificate their products in order to enter the Saudi market.
The Standards, Metrology and Quality Organization (SASO) of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia has recognized Applus Laboratories as a Conformity Body (ISO/IEC 17065) to certify European products in compliance with the following SASO Technical Regulations:
• Technical Regulation for Building Materials - Part 1: The Sectors of Metals and their Alloys for Buildings and Constructions
• Technical Regulation for Building Materials - Part 2: Insulation and Cladding Materials
• Technical Regulation for Building Materials - Part 4: Bricks, Tiles, Ceramics, Sanitary ware and Related Products
• Technical Regulation for Doors and Windows
• Technical Regulation for Fire Fighting Equipment and Materials
SASO has now made available the contact information of our representatives in the Saber system, the electronic platform for local suppliers and factories to register the required conformity certificates for consumer products, whether imported or locally manufactured, to enter the Saudi market. Our representatives are available to explain the certification process and offer information about the scope of the regulations.
This recognition has prompted that the General Directorate of Civil Defense of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia recognized our Applus Fire Safety mark as a certification scheme for construction products.
As for the next steps, at Applus+ Laboratories, we will continue to work towards expanding the range of the recognition acquired to include more product categories and enter other key markets across the world.