Fire prevention and fire protection measures are very important to reduce risks to people and buildings in the event of a fire. The owners of industrial facilities and the manufacturers of fire safety products must adapt to the changing regulations and legislations applicable to buildings and protection systems, both passive (materials, protective elements, partitioning, evacuation, etc.) and active (fire protection facilities, detectors, alarms, etc.).
Whether you are verifying the suitability of a system or facility or developing a new product, you need multidisciplinary experts and facilities to validate their conformity.
Support to fire safety systems manufacturers and facility owners
Applus+ offers a comprehensive assistance service for fire safety products and facilities. Our service covers:
- On-site audits and inspections to evaluate prevention and passive and active protection: Studying the current conditions of facilities and products that are in service
- Technical assistance in construction projects Self-protection plans
- Collecting claims or validation criteria for new products
- Identifying the applicable regulations, current legislation and requirements
- Defining the work plan: proposals, studies and tests to be performed
- Performing simulations (thermal and fire behavior)
- Comprehensive management and execution of the testing plan
- Post-processing of the data and results report for the product or facility
- Preparing test reports and classifying construction elements (fire resistant doors, enclosures, seals, etc.)
- Evaluating compliance with the regulations when the product is introduced into a new market
- Appraising the origins and causes of fires.
- Training: Courses, technical seminars
Experts in Fire Safety Compliance
We have laboratories for fire resistance and reaction, thermotechnology, among others, as well as a long track record in validating products and solutions to prevent fire hazards. We are members of EGOLF, the European Group of Organizations for Fire Testing, Inspection and Certification; and our experts are involved in the major technical and regulatory forums for the development of new standards at a European and international level and for the development of fire protection systems: CEN, APICI.
- Anticipate the loss of property due to a fire hazard
- Validate the suitability of the facilities and your fire protection measures for insurance policies
- Have experts in fire and thermotechnology to develop new products for fire safety