As water is precious, it requires particular attention to avoid wasting in households. Sanitary fittings play a significant role in optimizing the consumption of water and their performance should be evaluated to identify their characteristics and their suitability for use.
In European Union the commercialization of sanitary fittings is not regulated by a common European directive or regulation and thus there is no CE Marking for these products. Some of the European states have their own national approval process that includes product testing according to European standards.
It is the responsibility of manufacturers or importers to ensure product compliance, and to complete the corresponding legalization procedure using tests, production quality control and subsequent documentation processing.
Applus+ has ISO 17025 accredited laboratories for sanitary fittings testing to verify their performance including, among others:
- Flow rate
- Pressure resistance
- Mechanical strength
- Mechanical endurance of control device, diverter and swivel spouts
- Coating and adherence
For each product, our team identifies the applicable standards including:
- EN 817: Mechanical mixing valves
- EN 200: Simple taps and conventional mixer taps
- EN 816: Automatic shut-off valves
- EN 1111: Thermostatic mixing valves
- EN 15091: Electronic valves
At our sanitary taps laboratory, we also test other accessories for faucets:
- EN 246: Flow regulators
- EN 1112: Shower heads
- EN 1113: Shower hoses
Applus+ has been working with the manufacturers of sanitary tapware for more than 25 years. We have tested thousands of products and our experts actively participate in European standardization and certification forums.
- Improve the quality of your product, reducing the costs of low quality and after sales incidents.
- Verify compliance of European and International standards