Cement sales in Europe are regulated by the Construction Products Regulation, which involves CE marking of this product. In Spain, some particular standards or regulations are applied as well (RC-16, PG3, EHE, Building Construction Technical Code, environmental regulations, etc.), depending upon the use of a cement, which require numerous quality control checks to be performed during the course of construction.
In order to comply with all the regulations, ensure the suitability of a cement and exempt its clients from performing additional controls during work, cement manufacturers may opt for Applus+ cement certification.
Applus+ is Notified Body no. 0370* of the European Union for the Construction Products Regulation, and we offer a comprehensive monitoring and testing service using our own resources to perform either the CE Marking process, or Applus+ cement Certification (which also includes the CE Marking). Applus+ Cement Certification is done by technical experts and government officials, and enables the manufacturer to distinguish its product within the market by applying the Applus+ quality mark to it.
The Applus+ cement brand is recognized by the Ministry of Public Works (Ministerio de Fomento) and is accredited by the National Accreditation Entity (ENAC), as Product Certification Entity no. 12/C-PR054.
The process for obtaining the Applus+ mark includes the following phases and distribution of tasks:
- Self-inspection tests.
- Comparative testing.
- Implementation of factory production control.
- Implementation of a quality control system.
- Long-term quality assurance processes.
Applus+ tasks as Notified Body:
- Initial type testing in order to classify the product, and assessment of compliance with Specific Certification System requirements.
- Follow-up or comparative testing.
- Testing of samples taken from the market.
- Statistical study of results to guarantee consumer risks.
- Initial and follow-up inspections of the factory production control.
- Initial and follow-up audits of the quality control system.
- Assessment committee to award the Applus+ quality certification for cement.
The standards set forth in the Specific Certification System for Applus+ cement certification are as follows:
| UNE EN 197-1:2011
||Cement - Part 1: Composition, specifications and conformity criteria for common cements
| UNE 80303-1:2013
||Cements with additional characteristics. Part 1: Sulphate resisting cements.
| UNE 80303-2:2011
||Cements with additional characteristics. Part 2: Sea water resisting cements.
| UNE 80305:2012
| UNE 80307:2001
||Cements for special uses.
| UNE EN 14647:2006
||Calcium aluminate cement - Composition, specifications and conformity criteria
| UNE EN 413-1: 2011
||Masonry cement - Part 1: Composition, specifications and conformity criteria
| UNE EN 14216: 2005
||Cement - Composition, specifications and conformity criteria for very low heat special cements
| UNE EN 196-10:2008 Anexo A
||Determination of the water-soluble chromium (VI) content of cement
Applus+ works together with the entire construction industry and has certified cement manufactured by the leading spanish and international producers.
* Applus+ is commercial brand for LGAI Technological Center S.A, owner of the acknowledgements.
- Show the quality of your product with the Applus+ mark.
- Brand recognized by the Ministry of Development (Ministerio de Fomento) for the RC-08 cement receipt instruction.
- Producers/customers are exempt from on-site inspection during the work.
- One stop shop to obtein CE marking and a quality mark certification, which optimizes the acquisition time for both acknowledgements.
- Greater accuracy and uniformity of the technical values of your products for users and project managers.
- Increased product safety above regulatory limits.