Radio stations, high voltage lines, transformer stations and other electrical equipment generate electromagnetic fields. EU Directive 2004/40/EC regulates the exposure of workers to these fields.
Therefore, companies with equipment or facilities that generate electromagnetic fields should evaluate the exposure levels to avoid possible health risks or adopt measures to minimize their effects if the established limits are exceeded.
Applus+ Laboratories offers a customized service for the on-site evaluation of electromagnetic fields:
- Measurement plan definition
- On-site measurements:
- Electric field
- Magnetic field
- Electromagnetic field
- Results report
- Technical solution proposals to minimize electromagnetic pollution (shielding)
Our services are aimed at all those companies whose activity requires the monitoring of the electromagnetic pollution, including:
- Telecom operators
- Electricity distribution companies
- Industries with electromagnetic emission sources such as induction furnaces, arc welders, etc.
We also work for clients who may be affected by electromagnetic fields emitted by third parties:
- Housing and apartment communities
- Businesses and offices.
Our technical team includes electromagnetic compatibility and radio frequency engineers who are experts in human exposure measurements and diagnostics. We provide international coverage.
- Ensure compliance with the regulation on exposure to electromagnetic fields for both workers and third parties.
- Rely on radio frequency specialists to interpret the measured results
- Applus+ Laboratories, a single partner, to measure and implement corrective measures