Stoves, inset appliances, residential boilers and similar equipment using solid fuels (coal, wood fuels, wood pellets etc.) are quite popular for home heating. Construction products commercialized in Europe should comply the Construction Products Regulation 305/2011. Manufacturers or their representatives in the European Union are solely responsible for ensuring their products comply with the provisions of the regulation, indicating their conformity by the CE mark.
CE marking of stoves and other solid fuel appliances is regulated by a 3 assessment system, which requires the intervention of a notified body to perform Type Testing to define product safety and performance (energy efficiency, thermal power and emissions)
Applus+ is a Notified Body * for CE marking of stoves, inset appliances and residential boilers using solid fuels and we work with manufacturers throughout the entire CE marking process of their products.
We have all the equipment and the laboratories needed to characterize your product (type tests).
For this process, a series of tasks to be carried out by the manufacturer and another to be completed by the Notified Body are defined:
- To implement plant production control (Applus+ has an inspection service for verifying that this has been done)
- Self-inspection testing
Responsibilities of the notified body:
- Type testing according to the following harmonized standards:
- EN 13229 Inset appliances including open fires fired by solid fuels
- EN 13240 Roomheaters fired by solid fuel
- EN 14785 Residential space heating appliances fired by wood pellets
- EN 12809 Residential independent boilers fired by solid fuel.
CE Marking documents:
- Test reports (NB)
- Declaration of Performance (Manufacturer)
- CE marking and labeling of the product (Manufacturer)
Our testing capabilities:
- Performance testing at Rated thermal input
- Safety temperature testing
- Hydraulic pressure testing of model boilers
- Thermal discharge testing
- Operation with open combustion chamber
- Slow combustion, reduced combustion and recovery test
- Particulates emissions
- NOx emissions
- A single contact for analysis testing and voluntary plant production control audits
- Better control of your product and your process, to reduce non-quality costs.
- Greater accuracy and uniformity of the technical values of your products
- Market your product throughout the European Union