AMEX-compliant products must pass an AMEX approval process that requires security evaluations and functional tests performed by an AMEX-accredited laboratory. AMEX has different specifications depending on the type of product. As part of the EMVCo and GlobalPlatform associations, AMEX approval process includes compliance with EMV
and GP specifications
Applus+ Laboratories, an AMEX-accredited lab
Applus+ is an AMEX-accredited laboratory to conduct functional test and security evaluations according to AMEX specifications, an EMVCo-accredited laboratory and a GlobalPlatform qualified laboratory. Thus we are able to perform the complete set of tests required in the AMEX Enabled program.
Chip cards products:
- Card Security Type Approval (AEIPS/Expresspay) New spec AEIPS 4.5 (contact) and Expresspay 4.1 (contactless)
- Card Functional Type Approval (AEIPS/Expresspay) New spec AEIPS 4.5/4.5.1 (contact) and Expresspay 4.1/4.1.1 (contactless)
- GlobalPlatform Compliance tests
- Contactless Level 1 Type Approval (EMV L1)
- Contact Level 1 Type Approval (EMV L1)
Chip-based Mobile Payment
Cloud-based Mobile Payment
- AMEX Enabled program for HCE products
Point of Sale Products (Terminals)
- AMEX Terminal Type Approval L2
Our expertise allows us to participate in the earliest stages of product development to speed up the certification process:
- Development testing
- Pre-evaluation testing
- Pre-certification testing (Quality Assurance)
- Technical consulting in documentation
- Process consulting
- Certification testing
- One stop shop to evaluate your payment solution in compliance with American Express and other payment schemes (including EMVCo and GlobalPlatform).
- Speed up the certification process to guarantee your product time to market.
Note: Because Applus+ Laboratories is accredited as a third party laboratory by several evaluation and certification schemes, and in order to guarantee its impartiality, Applus+ engineers are never involved in actual product development or solutions implementation.