To access the European market, gas-fired appliances must bear the CE mark indicating compliance with the safety requirements stipulated in the European regulations, in order to guarantee a high level of protection for the health and safety of persons, domestic animals and property, as well as a rational use of energy.
The 2009/142/CE Directive expired in April 21, 2018. Since then, the Regulation (EU) 2016/416 on appliances burning gaseous fuels is the applicable regulation.
Before applying the CE mark, manufacturers or their representatives in the EU must guarantee their product's safety and conformity through a testing and certification process that requires the intervention of a European Union Notified Body.
Applus+ Laboratories is Notified Body* No. 370 for the Regulation (EU) 2016/426 on appliances burning gaseous fuels. We carry out a full household and professional gas appliance testing and certification service, allowing manufacturers and agents to shorten their product's conformity evaluation and CE marking process.
For each product, our technical team identifies the applicable processes:
- Adapting the product to technical requirements
- Defining the technical file
- Tests: verification of compliance with technical requirements
- EU type examination
- Procedures for evaluation of conformity with type
- Verification (per unit, if applicable)
In our gas appliance laboratory, we perform the tests under EN standards (EN 203x, EN 497, EN 30, EN 1020, EN 26, EN 498) for the set of tests and products covered by Directive 2009/142/EC and in the Regulation (EU):
- Cooking, heating, water heating appliances
- Outdoor use burners
- Air heaters
We have been collaborating with gas appliance manufacturers for over 25 years. We have certified hundreds of products and our experts are actively involved in the European standardization and certification forums.
Applus+ Laboratories is a notified body for the EU for more than several European directives and is your strategic partner to achieve the CE marking for your product.
*Applus+ Laboratories is the trademark of LGAI Technological Center S.A., Notified Body No. 370.
- Optimize the time to complete the CE marking process
- Market your product throughout the EU market
- Applus+, one stop shop for your product's conformity evaluation, testing and CE marking
- Improve your product based on our technical support