The industrial measurement of parts is used to screen and classify the production and to activate automatic adjustment loops for machines and tools. It provides essential information for the design and production of pre-series parts as well as a comparison between the manufacturer's and the purchaser's measurement of the parts.
The involvement of an independent laboratory to measure the parts is an effective method to cover workload peaks, rely on high precision equipment, and have an independent evaluation performed by a third party.
Applus+ provides parts measuring services to all industrial sectors. We are a metrology and calibration laboratory accredited by ENAC (ISO 17025), and we issue valid reports for the TS16949, QS9000 and VDA systems, among others.
We perform the following range of services:
- 100% measurement and verification of first industrial parts on a variety of materials (plastic, steel, aluminum, etc.) created using different processes (injection, stamping, machining, stock removal, etc.) using geometric primitives or CAD comparison control
- Development of automatic part measurement programs, both on the piece itself (on-line) and on the CAD model (off-line) so that the client can implement them in their facilities with their own three-dimensional machines
- Statistical production process control (SPC) using sampling, and the processing of data in pre-series (cp, cpk, cpl)
- Digitization of complex surfaces and parts
- CAD comparison
Our technical teams use the specialized equipment that is best suited to each measurement service:
- Three-dimensional measuring machines
- Form measuring machines
- Profile projectors
- Fixed and portable profilometers
- Laser interferometer systems
- Various metrological instruments.
- Cost savings, enabling continuous improvements in the production processes
- Have an evaluation from an independent third party to ensure the quality of your production