Measuring equipment is used to keep records and obtain reliable results which are used on a day-to-day basis by our society to ensure the health and safety of a product's end users, as well as the reliability and accuracy of the measurements made with these instruments.
The European Union regulates the requirements for measuring instruments listed in the Measuring Instruments Directive (MID) 2014/32/EU, a list that can be expanded in each of the member states. This directive regulates the frequency and type of controls the equipment needs to comply with during its design phase, prior to marketing.
The measuring equipment controls can only be performed by laboratories authorized by government offices and audited by the national accreditation agency for each type of instrument.
Applus+ is Notified Body No. 370 for those instruments included in the MID (Measuring Instruments Directive).
It is also a Metrological Control Agency (Organismo de Control Metrológico, OCM) and Authorized Metrological Verification Agency (Organismo Autorizado de Verificación Metrológica, OAVM) in Spain.
- Module B: Model test (control carried out prior to the product's mass production)
- Module D: Conformity with the model based on the manufacturing process' quality assurance (Manufacturer's control of each piece of equipment prior to marketing)
- Module F: Conformity with the model based on product verification (control of each piece of equipment carried out by an authorized laboratory prior to marketing)
- Periodic inspections (inspections throughout the useful life of the equipment) are regulated by each member state of the European Union. Applus+ is authorized by the Spanish government to perform these inspections.
The reports prepared by Applus+ on equipment included in the European MID legislation are recognized at a European level. Products affected by the directive:
- Vehicle exhaust gas analyzers (gas and diesel)
- Water, gas, electricity and thermal energy meters
- Measuring systems for the continuous and dynamic measurement of quantities of liquids other than water (fuel dispensers)
- Material measures
- Dimensional measuring equipment
We have over 20 years of experience in mandatory metrological control.
- Ensure the reliability of your measuring equipment
- Reduce your costs by performing the metrological controls and calibration plan required by your organization with a single partner, Applus+.