FeliCa is a contactless smart card system developed by Sony, which uses the FeliCa application and its near field communication (NFC) technology. The FeliCa system offers authentication, confidentiality and integrity for services including transport tickets, payments and e-money. This system is used in countries all over the world and is particularly well known in Japan.
FeliCa NFC smart card products are governed by the FAST scheme (FeliCa Approval for Security and Trust), which requires the same assurance level as a Common Criteria EAL4+ AVA_VAN.5 certification. Applus+ is accredited by FeliCa as an assessment laboratory. This means that Applus+ can carry out FeliCa security evaluations in addition to other certifications which a product may require.
- FeliCa cryptographic library security evaluation.
- FeliCa application security evaluation.
- Evaluation of the combined security of the cryptographic library and FeliCa application.
- Evaluation of the combined security of a Java Card operating system for EMVCo or CC, the cryptographic library and the FeliCa application.
Our technical knowledge means that we can be involved from the initial phases of product development in order to accelerate the certification process:
- Development tests
- Pre-evaluation tests
- Pre-certification tests (quality analysis)
- Identification of the standards, regulations and requirements which are applicable to the product
- Information about the process and requirements to meet these standards
- Certification tests
Note: As Applus+ is accredited as an independent laboratory for various certification schemes, Applus+ engineers never participate in product development or the implementation of solutions, in order to ensure their impartiality.