The diagnosis of the factors involved in a technical failure is an essential tool for understanding its causes and preventing future problems with other similar components or systems. Failure analysis improves the product's quality as it serves as a basis for maintenance program implementation, partial or full system reengineering, or new production processes application. Furthermore, by analyzing the product or facility involved in the failure, we can identify any responsibilities in litigation.
Independent experts for failure analysis
Applus+ Laboratories is an independent entity that provides a failure analysis service for manufacturers and appraisal projects in litigation or legal claims. We have a multidisciplinary team of technical experts and facilities specialized in the physical-chemical characterization and microscopic examination of the product involved.
Our failure analysis services include:
- Full analysis of the product or facility involved in the failure:
- Service history, design and calculations
- Manufacturing, certification and assembly
- Maintenance and repair operations
- Field inspections and non-destructive testing (NDT)
- Analysis of the samples in a laboratory:
- Physical-chemical characterization of materials
- Fractography (electron microscopy) and EDX microanalysis (elemental analysis of waste and contamination)
- Protection system performance tests
- Reproduction of the failure conditions (laboratory simulation tests)
- Failure report
- Technical advice and process re-engineering
- Implementation of predictive maintenance programs.
Testing Capabilities for Failure Analysis
- Material characterization testing (metal and polymeric materials)
- Mechanical testing
- Coatings and paints testing
- Corrosion and accelerated aging testing
- Metallographic specimen preparation
- Microscopic examination of samples
- Functional electrical, electronic and EMC testing
- Non-destructive testing (NDT).
Applus+ has been working for more than 25 years with manufacturers, government offices and insurance companies in all types of failure analysis projects.
- Count on an independent and recognized entity to deal with legal claims.
- Improve your product or facility
- Applus+, one stop shop to conduct all the tests requiered to analyse the failure.
- Reduce costs of product non-quality