Manufacturers of construction products must adapt to the increasing regulatory demands and the emergence of substitute products. Therefore, many manufacturers are betting on new designs, with better quality, better adapted to their end use and more comfortable for the user.
The development of new construction products requires facilities and experts in multiple technologies and testing capabilities. Product certification criteria to access new markets must also be considered.
Applus+ offers a technical assistance service tailored to the client for the development of new construction products or systems.
We offer our clients our multi-technology testing capabilities with experts on each subject to assist and support manufacturers in the development of new solutions and anticipate the certification requirements.
Our service covers:
- Collecting the claims or validation criteria from manufacturers, prescribers, builders and users.
- Identifying the applicable regulations and requirements. On-site audits and study of current conditions.
- Defining the work plan: proposals, studies and tests to be performed
- Preparing simulations (acoustic, mechanical, thermal, fire behavior)
- Test tool and piece design and manufacture
- Comprehensive management and execution of the testing plan
- Post-processing of the data and results report for the product.
- Managing the certifications for innovative construction products: ETA, EAD, CE Marking, among others.
Our testing capabilities include:
- Acoustic tests
- Fire Resistance Tests
- Fire Reaction Tests
- Thermotechnical tests
- Mechanical durability tests
- Physical-chemical tests
- Electrical and EMC tests
- Environmental quality tests
- Accelerated aging tests
Applus+ has been working for more than 100 years in the construction sector, and its laboratories are well renowned leaders in Europe.
We participate in the main European technical and regulatory forums (CEN) for the development of new standards, to provide you with the most detailed knowledge and support in the development of your products.
- A single partner to perform the consulting and testing for the products' development
- Have the technical advice of experts in each area
- Access to international certifications to market your product in the global market